SupaCarb RP/XP modules utilise a multilayered carbon impregnated polyester felt wound around a central core. The use of a polymeric substrate provides good chemical compatibility and reduced risk of microbiological contamination when used in long term water applications. This cartridge provides economy with removal efficiency for chlorine, odour, colour and trace organic materials.
SupaCarb RP/XP filter cartridges feature a rolled felt carbon impregnated media combined with Amazon Filters unique spun bonded particulate removal layers resulting in a genuine dual purpose element.The SupaCarb RP/XP series offer economy with efficiency for chlorine, odour, colour and trace organic reduction levels.
- Multiple layered carbon impregnated polyester felt
- One piece construction up to 1015mm (40”)
- Polymer materials meet US FDA Title 21requirements
The construction of SupaCarb RP/XP uses a polyester substrate, unlike many other rolled elements that use a cellulose based support. This minimises the risk of microbiological contamination and allows its use in a wider range of chemical applications because of its better compatibility.
Equipped with 5µm nominal rated spun bonded polypropylene pre-filtration layers and a full range of welded end caps, SupaCarb RP/XP elements are the ideal choice for those requiring activated carbon cartridges. Compared with conventional Granular Activated Carbon cartridges, the SupaCarb RP/XP will not fluidise, channel or bypass, therefore maximising the effectiveness of the carbon media.
Features and Benefits
- Large carbon surface area exhibits excellent chlorine reduction characteristics
- High surface area ‘XP’ option available
- Graded density pre-filtration layer for effective sediment removal and protection of the carbon media
- All polymeric construction offers excellent chemical compatibility and stability in aqueous solutions
- Minimal carbon release when compared to conventional loose filled granular (GAC) style cartridges
- Identification embossed on every cartridge
- Construction eliminates fluidising, channelling or bypass
- Can be sanitised and steam sterlised